Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Minor Details

I found these three beautiful dresses which fit perfectly on top, however the bottom seemed a little frumpy and older looking. All I had to do to make these a little cuter and a little younger looking was chop off the bottom and give them a hem. I used a dress that I have and love the length of as a guide. I know it's a very minor detail but I think the result was a pretty big difference. I love these!



Amy Jo said...

You found some great dresses; I can't believe how similar they are! They look great.

jennifer elliott said...

I agree with Amy Jo -- all three dresses look great. When you find a style that is flattering I have a tendency to buy more than one. :) A simple hem can make all the difference in the world.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jenny_o said...

Like you said, it's an easy change, but the length of a garment - any garment - can make or break it. These dresses look completely updated now.