Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Refashion Runway Challenge 3: Tote, purse, or clutch

Hello again, all! I can't believe I've made it to round 3 in  #RefashionRunway3! There are so many talented refashionistas with the coolest creations. I'm kind of at a loss that I'm a part of it. If you haven't been able to see this season's challenges, click here to start from the beginning & catch up on what you've missed so far.

For this week's challenge, I made a tote out my Dad's old suit jacket :)

For the full break down on how I accomplished this, feel free to see my original blog post.

To vote for my (or the 6 remaining girls) tote, visit the Renegade Seamstress's site.


whatthesew said...

A useful and original re-make. Its great that the pockets and lining were already there in the original jacket.

Carissa said...

I've got a couple men's suit jackets in my refash stash that would be perfect for this! Thanks for sharing!


jenny_o said...

I like that you put both a shoulder strap and shorter handles on this - perfect! And of course, the use of existing pockets is excellent :)

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks, ladies! This was the challenge I was most dreading in the Refashion Runway... and it ended up being my favorite creation so far. Go figure :)

Lovenicky said...

This is so wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration!