Saturday, August 08, 2015

Refashion Runway Challenge 3: Tote, purse, or clutch

Hello again, all! I can't believe I've made it to round 3 in  #RefashionRunway3! There are so many talented refashionistas with the coolest creations. I'm kind of at a loss that I'm a part of it. If you haven't been able to see this season's challenges, click here to start from the beginning & catch up on what you've missed so far.

For this week's challenge, I made a tote out my Dad's old suit jacket :)





For the full break down on how I accomplished this, feel free to see my original blog post.

To vote for my (or the 6 remaining girls) tote, visit the Renegade Seamstress's site.

5 comments:

whatthesew said...

A useful and original re-make. Its great that the pockets and lining were already there in the original jacket.

Carissa said...

I've got a couple men's suit jackets in my refash stash that would be perfect for this! Thanks for sharing!

-Carissa
EOD

jenny_o said...

I like that you put both a shoulder strap and shorter handles on this - perfect! And of course, the use of existing pockets is excellent :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies! This was the challenge I was most dreading in the Refashion Runway... and it ended up being my favorite creation so far. Go figure :)

Lovenicky said...

This is so wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration!