NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rhapsody in blue!

I find dyeing clothes quite fun. The fun is about transforming your clothes batch-style! For a while, I had been collecting a pile of clothes I wanted to dye in different colours and the rainy weather was holding me back since it is always best to line-dry dyed clothes for the first time. Once the weather changed, it was time for our vacation, so this post was pending for a while now. Nevertheless, I would like to share a part of my dyeing adventure with you – and for this I chose the use of double batch of Iberia electric blue and a pile of clothes, including:
  • Men’s brown polo (the colour my husband wouldn’t wear)
 


  • Men’s bright green polo (with stains)
 


  • Khaki t-shirt with netting (the colour made me wear it… never)
 


  • A very pale cotton summer dress (looked like a night gown)
 

  • Woman’s lavender cotton shirt (with bleach stains)
 



I have prepared the clothes for dyeing according to directions, while you can check here how I prepped the dress for dyeing. It was transformed from a plain and boring piece into something that I actually like wearing. 


2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I have yet to jump the dye bandwagon -- I'm a little too chicken to try it right now. But I love your results -- looks great.

Jennifer Elliott EOD

Dejana Dee GV said...

Thanks!