Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, August 14, 2015

Turning This Boring Blue Skirt into a Fun Flirty Skirt with Ric-Rack

I love transforming this plain Jane skirts into something better. This skirt is an amazing color and just cutting it shorter wouldn't do it justice...

This transformation was so simple! I chopped off some length from the the bottom and then grabbed some 1" Ric Rack. I sewed it to the bottom to give it some flair. 

I love the way the ric rack changed it and made a .10 cent skirt look so much more expensive!

You can find my tutorial here :)

Happy Sewing!


jennifer elliott said...

I love adding a little something to a plain skirt. Ric rack is the perfect addition. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

La La Lauren!!! said...

I am usually not a fan of ric-rack but this is fabulous! Nice job!
Lauren ;)

jenny_o said...

So cute! The white looks wonderful on that deep blue.