NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, September 14, 2015

No backsies

If you are making a list of requirements of a future spouse, you might want to make darn sure 'Don't donate something to my refashion stash if you don't -- y'know -- want to see it refashioned' gets on it. There's a story there, but you come here for the refashions, not the drama! Let's just say I was in the right.



Himself's 2007 T-shirt was just about as worn and stretched out as this really old J. Crew tank top of mine. New Look 6762 V. E was a match made in Vegas (where we renewed our vows in a drive through chapel for our tenth anniversary and are looking to do something for the silver in a few more years). 


It took a little fudging with the patterns to get it to fit onto the T but happily I was able to add a good inch and a half at the bottom in the end. 

 


The scraps went right into the donation bag -- after having the seams removed. I always tidy up scraps before giving them away to future seamstresses. My Gramma used to do that with her bits and pieces for me and my sister. I recall making clothes for our Barbies back then. Do girls nowadays still play with those?


I digress. The neckband struck me as a little wide, plus I liked the look of the raw edges of the sleeves and hem so I took the scissors to it --



before a quick topstitch to make it lie flat.

Next!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Great job! I like the black contrast trim. My girls play with Barbies BTW.

Debbie EOD