NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Summer recap no 2 - tunic into beach coverup

My sister gave me this tunic, but it was already quite shabby, which made it perfect for my beach dress. What it lacked in length I added from the sleeves by slicing them lengthwise.  

                          

The tunic had to be narrowed down a bit and instead of stitching at the sides I have left the ends untrimmed and tied. I used two scraps and tied the shoulder straps.


Hope you've enjoyed this curvy refash!

Love,
Dee

4 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Weeeell done !!!
What a pity for the poor thing to only get 'working-permission' as a beach-dress. Means: If I'd be the beach-dress, I'd be cross about this after a treatment towards the better like you did to it ;-)

LG, Gerlinde

RanchHouse said...

Love the idea for the beach dress. Gives me some ideas for an upcoming Carib vacation.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

jenny_o said...

Oh, wow! This turned out very well! I like the added length being straight, under the fuller top. And I like how you tied in the top to the hem by means of the knotted ties. Great refashion.

jenny_o said...

And by "tied in" I mean you had the same "theme" in the hem and the shoulders! lol to the bad choice of words :)