Friday, September 25, 2015

T-shirt surgery #2, longsleeve T-shirts with cowl

I had a huge stash of short- and longsleeved T-shirts, strap tops and tank tops and decided to tackle it. So for the next few weeks you will se many T-shirt and top refashions from my hand.

I almost always wear longsleeved T-shirts, so I decided to start by making a few such ones.
Patients: Army green longsleeve T-shirt with a stain, and a black T-shirt with buttons on the shoulders.

Surgery underway.
I cut of the sleeve, and the body right under the arm holes.
I cut of the sleeves of the black T-shirt, leaving the overlock edge on the torso of it (no pictures).
Then I pinned the green sleeves to the black torso, and sewed them together using my serger (zigzag is also fine).
Lastly I took the tube, I had cut from the torso of the green T-shirt, folded the raw edge twice and seamed it. I then played around a little with the stretchy seam for decorative purposes.
I an happy to say, that the patient survived and the operation was succesful.
Tutorial HERE.

Matching cowl/circle scarf/infinity scarf.


Once the green I black T-shirt was done, I thought the design was rather good. So I made another one.
Black/blue striped longsleeve T-shirt and a black T-shirt.

And the finished product. I like this one even better.

Like the long infinity scarves, that has been fashionable for the last few years this circle thingy can be used in numerous ways.
You can see the pictures in full size HERE

4 comments:

jenny_o said...

Ooh, nice - I like the striped one especially.

I Can Work With That said...

Love it.

Andrea said...

Great way to update some basics! I also love the stripes :)

Andrea EOD

Maria Widerstand said...

great idea, I love it!