Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Shift Dress with Drop Waist

I was at a bag sale recently and found a ton of vintage drop waist dresses. They were all too big for me so I started looking around for how to change them. I started with this purple dress.

I found an inspiration dress that had a drop waist pleat on both sides. I cut my dress shorter and then added a pleat to the side. I only added one pleat because I'm pretty short and that would be way too much pleat. 

My tutorial can be found here!

Happy Sewing!


Accidental Seamstress said...

I LOVE the drop pleat!!! Awesome! :)

Therese said...

Well done, what a great idea to spruce up the plain dress!

RanchHouse said...

As always, your dress is so cute, Love the side pleat.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Saga said...