Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Shift Dress with Drop Waist

I was at a bag sale recently and found a ton of vintage drop waist dresses. They were all too big for me so I started looking around for how to change them. I started with this purple dress.


I found an inspiration dress that had a drop waist pleat on both sides. I cut my dress shorter and then added a pleat to the side. I only added one pleat because I'm pretty short and that would be way too much pleat. 


My tutorial can be found here!

Happy Sewing!
XOXOX
Katie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the drop pleat!!! Awesome! :)

Therese said...

Well done, what a great idea to spruce up the plain dress!

RanchHouse said...

As always, your dress is so cute, Love the side pleat.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Saga said...

Great!