NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Total refashion

I had these shoes which I liked, but I had the same problem as I had with many other shoes. I was getting blisters and I tried so many ways to avoid them, but nothing. So I tried to refashion them without fear. If it wasn't ok, I would throw them away.


I took a sharpie and cut all the unecessary and made it a sandal:


I kept this detail for a future refashion. Do you have any suggestions?








8 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Great save!!! The shoes made great sandals. I have several pair I will look into on this one.
Mary @ RanchHouse Editor of the Day

Queen Of Rods said...

For the extra pieces that you saved from the shoes, I would suggest using them on the shoulders of a shirt, like epaulettes, or on the bottom of a shirt at the side seams. Please post a picture when you use them.

g.satansbraten said...

Necklace?
Or centre-piece of a slightly under breast ruche top?
For the latter rather consider some 'hang-in-brooche-fixture' for the thing to be able dismount it before every washing-tour

Otherwise: job wellllll done!

LG, Gerlinde

Jennifer Elliott said...

Gerlinde stole my suggestion! Centerpiece for a necklace but I also like sewing it to the bottom corner of a shirt. Great job.

g.satansbraten said...

;-) :-D - there is no theft around here: it simply happens when plenty of creative minds are at work for the same thing.

Perhaps another idea btw.:
To work it into some sort of elegant (double ?) -'bib'/yoke for matures to hang/wear as an addition to something more plain ?
Again the warning to consider the removability for washing garment more often than this deco-item.

Hi5 folks - together we're strong(er)!

LG, Gerlinde

leftfootmle said...

Maybe you could make them into earrings? There are two of them right? Anyway have fun whatever you make! :D

Sofy marron said...

Thank you all for your ideas!!!

lautleise said...

Hi there Gerlinde,so called the animal ,many thanks for your nasty comments.
WE shot the sherrif.
Wolf.