This is the original dress. A white open collar, a bit of a dropped waist, wide elbow length sleeves and a midi length.
Here's what I did:
1. Removed shoulder pads.
2. Trimmed sleeves to cap length and hemmed.
3. Moved waistline up to the natural waist (also had to remove the bottom button).
4. Hemmed dress to shorter length.
5. Tailored the dress to be a bit more fitted.
6. Removed white collar and added piping using the excess fabric from the bottom hem.
7. Added the extra button at the top.
Here it is finished!
Side by side:
This dress surprisingly took a lot more time than I was expecting. Sometimes dresses just need a few fixes here and there, but this one seemed to need a bit of fixing everywhere. I do love the result though, which makes it worth it!