I made this bacon and eggs costume using old upholstery material, foam material and some felt I had leftover from my past burlesque and performance costumes. When I originally made it I stapled it all together. Since I know how to sew now I went back over it with my sewing machine. Its still a little rough looking but its a Halloween costume after all! Here are some pics of what I did:
|I started with this.|
I simply cut out the shapes of bacon and an egg. Then I made some shoulder straps for the bacon so I can hang it over my shoulders. I also cut out some holes for the arms in the front of the egg costume. I used glue to attach the yolk and the bacon fat.
The staples were falling out so I sewed the egg back together:
I did the same for the straps on the bacon.
It was easy and cost me nothing since this is old material I had laying around that would never get used for anything else.
Thats me modeling both costumes. My husband will be the egg!
Here is my original blog post: Bacon and Egg refashion!