Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sleeves or No Sleeves?

While out with a fellow blogger, we came across this pretty cool Pilgrim Dress. I took a picture with it both backwards and forwards because I think it could actually be worn both ways.

With the removal of the collar and some of the length, I was still left with a delima on these sleeves. 
The sleeves were kinda cool but kind of itchy too... with the dress on right before going to a fashion shoot, I totally grabbed the scissors and started cutting!

Which version do you like better?

My tutorial is here :)

Happy Sewing!


Gingham Ginger said...

I think sleeves. But I'm in fall mode. Either way it looks great.

Carissa said...

I vote for no sleeves, especially if they're itchy. Sleeveless dress are just so much versatile, I think. You can wear them in the summer on their own, or throw something on over it when it gets cooler - a cardigan, blazer, denim jacket, or even a fancy lace stole for a more formal event.


Jean said...

Yes, I too vote sleeves; but as Gingham Ginger said... I'm in Fall mode also.
Could you line the sleeves with something...

therefashstash said...

I like no sleeves! Super cute like that and like Carissa said, you always have the option to add a jacket or cardigan!