Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Swing Top

This thrifted Gap dress had a gorgeous orange print, but not quite enough room in the hips. So I decided to turn it into a swingy top instead.

Orange Swing Top - BeforeOrange Swing Top - In Progress

I cut about a foot of fabric off the bottom and used it to add triangular inserts in the side seams.

Orange Swing Top - After

Orange Swing Top - After

And I used the remaining fabric to create a simple new project bag for my knitting!

Orange Drawstring Bag

Check out CarissaKnits for more details!

Orange Swing Top - After


Gema Ensenat said...

That colour really suits you, and it looks so much better as a swing top - love it! :)

g.satansbraten said...

Niiiice colour!

Otherwise - you know it already: I'm praising an old fox in sewing and member of 'The Club' here despite young of age. Weeell done!

LG, Gerlinde

Refashion said...

The orange is a gorgeous colour and I like the shape of the top. Love how you made the knitting bag as well

Debbie EOD

Catherine1216 said...

This is so cute. I love how you flared the bottom.