Monday, October 12, 2015

Swing Top

This thrifted Gap dress had a gorgeous orange print, but not quite enough room in the hips. So I decided to turn it into a swingy top instead.

Orange Swing Top - BeforeOrange Swing Top - In Progress

I cut about a foot of fabric off the bottom and used it to add triangular inserts in the side seams.

Orange Swing Top - After

Orange Swing Top - After

And I used the remaining fabric to create a simple new project bag for my knitting!

Orange Drawstring Bag

Check out CarissaKnits for more details!

Orange Swing Top - After

4 comments:

Gema said...

That colour really suits you, and it looks so much better as a swing top - love it! :)

g.satansbraten said...

Niiiice colour!

Otherwise - you know it already: I'm praising an old fox in sewing and member of 'The Club' here despite young of age. Weeell done!

LG, Gerlinde

Refashion said...

The orange is a gorgeous colour and I like the shape of the top. Love how you made the knitting bag as well

Debbie EOD

Catherine1216 said...

This is so cute. I love how you flared the bottom.



http://buildinglifelongreaders.blogspot.com