Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, November 05, 2015

A refashion from a refashion

I had refashioned this simple top shape from a dress, mainly as an experiment to see how the paper pattern looked! There is no before image of this but here is a plan of how I cut the pattern pieces.

The second top is based on the pattern of the first top. I have used this image before, in my first post on this site and a couple of readers asked for a tutorial on how to produce this shape. For the full tutorial on how to create the paper pattern for this refashion go to my blog.


jennifer elliott said...

I absolutely love the color and pattern of the second shirt. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Linda Wilson said...

Thanks. It's A pretty print, I bought it as palazzo pants, but could never have worn that much colour on my legs, particularly in Scotland!