Saturday, November 28, 2015

"Vine and Dine" Inspired Blouse

Today's refashion is really important because 1.) it finishes my What-I-made-while-I-was-on-vacation series and 2.) this is my most favorite refashion I've EVER done in my life. EVER :)

It started out looking like this:


I was reading through Beth Huntington's "Refashion Handbook" that she gifted me for my participation in Refashion Runway 3 a few months ago.


One of her refashions in that book is "Vine and Dine" in which she creates a cold-shoulder sleeve date night dress. I loved the sleeves on that dress so much, I decided to do that for my refashion of this dress.

First, I cut.
These scraps are going to be my new sleeves. After I finished up some raw edges, I pinned the new sleeve into the original armhole of the dress (Right sides together).
I finished the new raw bottom edge, turned it around so the zipper in now in the front instead of the back and voila!



My spin on "Vine and Dine" is a little different than Beth's but the sleeves were purely inspired by her refashion. If you haven't had a chance to buy a copy of her book yet, I highly recommend it. It's appropriate for novice and advanced seamstresses alike. I NEVER would've made this dress had I not been inspired by Beth's "Vine and Dine" refashion.... and I never would've had my most favorite refashion EVER.

Like, Ever :)

Thanks again, Beth! :)







5 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Very pretty! Nice job!

Gema said...

Just gorgeous! Love it!!

Pivot Point Patterns said...

Love it too. I'm going to copy you!

Carissa said...

These style dresses are a-dime-a-dozen at my local thrift shops, and I love what you've done with this one! Great job!

-Carissa
EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Love this use of the bottom of the dress for the sleeves! Very pretty!