Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Refashioned Henley with Sweater Sleeves and Skirt

It’s definitely sweater weather right now, and the chilly mornings inspired me to make something that's warm and cozy.  

I chopped off the sweater sleeves (around 9") and  shortened the sleeves of the henley.

  I serged the sweater sleeves to the henley sleeves.

For the skirt, I used a pencil skirt for my pattern.

Serge the sides of the skirt and add an elastic waist.

For a step by step tutorial on how to refashion a henley with sweater sleeves and skirt, check out my blog Trevor Loves Mommy.


Give the Cat a Name said...

I love this look and what you did with the sweater style. Great save!

RanchHouse said...

You really took the sweater to skirt idea by adding the sleeves. I see a new trend here
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Saga said...

I NEED to copy that.

Marisa Glied said...

I love how you incorporated the original sweater sleeves into your new top! Very crafty!

Catherine1216 said...

I never would have thought of doing this. It looks perfect on you.