NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Shirt to Skirt Simple Refashion

This is a quick and easy refashion, but it is also one of my favorite ones to do.

Here are two shirts I received as hand-me-downs from one of my neighbors.  They fit pretty good, but they were a little long.  I probably could have kept them and worn them as is, but ... well ... really, I just wanted to transform them into comfy, jersey skirts.  




I used one of my previous shirt to skirt refashions to use as a template to cut the new ones.  I know that looks like a basic, ugly skirt, but I swear it is so comfortable and has become one of my favorite lounge skirts.  Perfect to throw on after a day of surfing.


I used the existing hem line from the bottom of the shirt and cut a waist band from the top of the shirt.  I repeated the same process for the other shirt.


I had my daughter take the finished pictures, so I apologize that they are a little blurry.


I think they both came out looking really nice.


They can pass as a tad dressy, even though they are just casual jersey.  
They were great as shirts, but I just know for me they will get much more milage in their second lives as skirts.



1 comment:

cfortin said...

I like them as shirts and as skirts. Knit is my favorite fabric to wear and to refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab