NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, December 07, 2015

Refashioned Jean Jacket with Sweatshirt Sleeves and Hoodie


I was inspired to do this refashion after seeing something similar at Free People.  Their version cost $120.  Mine only cost $7 with thrift store finds.


I chopped off the sleeves and hoodie of the sweatshirt.  Then I cut off the sleeves of the jacket.


I sewed the sweatshirt sleeves to the jacket armhole.


I opened the collar, stuck the hoodie between the top and bottom of the collar, then sewed the collar closed.



I found this jacket to be surprisingly warm thanks to the sweatshirt sleeves and hoodie.  I love the tomboy edginess of this jacket.  For a step by step tutorial on how to refashion a jean jacket with sweatshirt sleeves and hoodie, check out my blog www.trevorlovesmommy.com





2 comments:

Refashion said...

The jacket looks great with its new sleeves.

Debbie EOD

Catherine1216 said...

This is so cute on you.

http://buildinglifelongreaders.blogspot.com/