NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Nose Strikes Again Top

Today's Velvet wonder started off like this:


For $1 I think I can turn this into a fun top. I began by cutting off some length


Then I took in the sides and the sleeves 2 inches


Velvet is very difficult to work with! You can't use enough pins! (I also cut off some length on the sleeves).


I turned the shirt around so the zipper closure was in the front, finished my raw edges and called it a day. (It was actually quite a challenge.... #VelvetSucks).


It made for a lovely Holiday top to wear to my extended Family's Christmas Eve celebration :)


If you'd like to see EVERY step (and there were a lot) in this refashion or WHY I called it "The Nose Strikes Again" top... feel free to see the post on my blog.

Happy Refashioning and Happy Holidays






4 comments:

Catherine1216 said...

It looks great!

Elizabeth Hill said...

I found velvet to be a bit tricky when I worked with it too. (Perhaps that's why I haven't refashioned anything velvet since...) Your top looks great though! Good job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

jennifer elliott said...

Lol ... Love the hashtag #velvetsucks. I love the refashion.

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks girls :) I appreciate it!