Sunday, December 06, 2015

Upcycled blouse made from men's dress shirts - fall colors

 Hello Fellow Upcyclers!

This is one of my favorite custom garments made from the Patti Blouse upcycle pattern




It's made with three men's dress shirts.  

In this case I made it for a friend who is 6'3" so the back is dramatically long.

The sleeves are shortened to ¾ length with a cuff. 

The stripe on one side is the front placket from another shirt with the buttons still attached. 

 The hem has a dramatic high / low silhouette.  The back features color blocking made from the second shirt, the same fabric that was used for the cuffs. 

The center back has off-center pleating and is embellished with sections from a tie, a collar point (on the left), and three buttons.  I really love the origami-like look.





The flower on the front creates a balancing focal point.  See more examples made from this pattern.


Men's dress shirts are among my favorite upcycling materials because the fabric and construction are usually quite good and they are easy to find.

Happy Upcycling!  Michelle

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great mix of fabrics! And the details are wonderful!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

RanchHouse said...

I am thinking that men's shirts may be in danger. This is a sharp example of this style. I hope to see more of your work here.
Mary @RanchHouse

Michelle Paganini said...

Thank you Elizabeth and Mary. If men's shirts are in danger I'd better stock up more, the 150 I already have won't be enough. LOL. I will be posting agin. I love this blog. I spent time last night going through back postings. You can see more of my work on Paganoonoo.com or michellepaganini.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Michelle - loved your article in Threads. Welcome to Refashion co-op!

Michelle Paganini said...

Thank bHayes! That article launched my upcycle pattern making business. I'll be forever grateful to Susan Khalje for her recommendation to put in an article proposal and for Judith Neukam for saying yes. I've truly found my passion.