Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Dress & Headband

I found this dress but it was too long for my body type, so I cut a large chunk off of the bottom to better suit my style.

(I forgot the before picture.. but here is the dress after the chop)

I decided to use the leftover fabric to make a headband. First, I sewed the material into a tube and turned it inside out, then to hide the seam, I cut a piece to cover it up and add some flare. To add just a little more style I sewed on a couple of large purple leather buttons.

- alyrocco -

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I like having matching accessories. Great refashion.

Jennifer, EOD