Tuesday, January 26, 2016

From Dress To Top In One Chop!

The one thing I don't need more of in my closet is dresses (that won't stop me from adding more), however what I do need more of is cute tops that aren't tank tops. Tops that I can wear with jeans but also look good with a pencil skirt and blazer.

So just before I sent a bag of old clothes off to the thrift store, I pulled this dress back out and made new plans for it. Its cute but I was never going to wear it as a dress. I would probably wear it as a top though!

You're getting a second chance!

So after taking this before pic I measured how much I wanted to cut off the bottom, leaving enough extra length for a new hem. I placed a pin where I would need to cut

Then I folded over so when I cut both sides would be the same length.

I rolled the lining up first and pinned that. Then I sewed the new hem.

Next I pinned and hemmed the lace.

Here is the result. That white spot is my thrifted painted hutch reflecting light. I lost day light right as I started this project. Im pretty happy with the results!


For pictures of the process and more details as well please check out my blog post about this refashion

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

That looks fabulous as a top! I love it! I'm in need of more cute tops than skirts. Great refashion.

Jennifer, EOD

Lolo said...

Thanks Jennifer!

TheRefashStash said...

Such a great top! I love it!

-TheRefashStash