Monday, February 29, 2016

A Silky Solution!

I found this 100% silk dress at a thrift shop. Silk is challenging to work with for me but I love the fabric so much that it's worth it. It's far too big and too long but thats perfect- I need the extra material to not mess up this refashion! Here is the dress in all it's dowdiness:

A little 90's, a little err.... something!

This dress was a lot of work to refashion. I love the results though! I took it in and made it shorter. Then I used the extra fabric to create layers on top of the skirt, and a belt. There are a ton of pictures from the process on my blog post about this dress. Please stop by there to see all the images. I also go into complete detail on how I did everything too!

Here is my after picture of the completed dress:

Front! I tie the belt at the side.



3 comments:

jenny_o said...

I love the layers - very nice!

cfortin said...

Nice refashion and great score at the thrift store.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Lolo said...

Thanks!