Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 29, 2016

A Silky Solution!

I found this 100% silk dress at a thrift shop. Silk is challenging to work with for me but I love the fabric so much that it's worth it. It's far too big and too long but thats perfect- I need the extra material to not mess up this refashion! Here is the dress in all it's dowdiness:

A little 90's, a little err.... something!

This dress was a lot of work to refashion. I love the results though! I took it in and made it shorter. Then I used the extra fabric to create layers on top of the skirt, and a belt. There are a ton of pictures from the process on my blog post about this dress. Please stop by there to see all the images. I also go into complete detail on how I did everything too!

Here is my after picture of the completed dress:

Front! I tie the belt at the side.


jenny_o said...

I love the layers - very nice!

cfortin said...

Nice refashion and great score at the thrift store.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Lolo said...