Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Doily meets t-shirt

Snowflake t-shirt

I've noticed quite a few lace applique items on the fashion rails lately and I thought this could give a few doilies a chance to shine.

I bought this pair for £1 from a charity shop.

I had originally planned to use one on each shoulder to embellish a plain t-shirt, but a central neckline decoration seemed to work better.

I've got a few more details and photos here


jennifer elliott said...

Every time I look at doilies at consignment or thrift stores, they are so pricey! Where are you guys finding cute little doilies for pennies or less than $1? I must be looking in all the wrong spots because I have several ideas to use doilies. Great refashion.

Jennifer, EOD

Stef Weidert said...

Awesome refashion! I am always picking up doilies at the goodwill outlet which means they are $1.60 a pound. Now I have some inspiration on how to use them! Thank you!