Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 12, 2016

"Heart of Gold" Valentine's Day Refashion

It's almost Valentine's Day! :)
I was so excited to try out glitter fabric paint, that I didn't even bother to read any tutorials or guidelines. I just went about my day making paper stencils, cutting them out, and painting over them. 
Well, I failed...take a look...

Turns out, using paper is a BAD idea. Try freezer paper stencils please! 

Anyways, I didn't want to throw out the project. 

Here's what I did:
-Cut out the heart with some pink around it.
-Sewed lace trim around it.
-Added fusible interfacing to make it easier to sew onto the polka dot shirt.
-Sewed the entire thing to the polka dot shirt.

As a finishing touch,  I added some vintage style buttons for that extra "shabby chic" look.



Andrea said...

Cute! If at first you don't succeed...and that's why I love refashioning!

Andrea EOD

Marisa Glied said...