Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My New Tuxedo; Making Jeans Bigger

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie here. I recently got these great white jeans at a clothes swap but they are way too tight. I needed to make them bigger and more comfortable.

I decided to make a tuxedo style stripe down the sides. My first plan was to use some excess fabric from a recent project. It didn't work out and I had to make a new plan.

I inserted strips of fabric down the side of each leg. These jeans feel like leggings now. I usually find large clothes and size them down, trying to make things larger make me think more. 

For more details and pictures you can go to I Can Work With That, here.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


Alyssa Wesselmann said...

I might have to try this! These turned out great!

Melissa Lin said...

So clever. I love tuxedo pants

jennifer elliott said...

So cute! I'm just like you ... I prefer to work with a bigger size than a smaller one. Fabulous job!

Jennifer EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Great idea! Love the colors together!!


Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks you for the positive comments. I really appreciate it. I like how they turned out and they feel like leggings now. Win-win!