Monday, February 15, 2016

My Refashioned Romance

Instead of a bright red or pink outfit, I decided to go for a more feminine, romantic look for Valentine's Day this year. As luck would have it, a friend had given me this lovely floral dress a few months ago. Add to that a bit of lace from a pale pink piece of lingerie from my heavier days, and I've got just the thing for this weekend's holiday!

Valentine's Dress - BeforeValentine's Dress - Before

I removed the rosettes, sleeves, and ruffles from the dress. I took in the sides, finished the raw edges, and added a couple little belt loops. Then, I removed the lace border from my delicates and attached it to the bottom of the dress.

It's been a cloudy, dreary day, but this fun new dress has breathed a little more life into it!

Valentine's Dress - After

Valentine's Dress - After

Valentine's Dress - After

For the entire process, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Valentine's Dress - Before & After

3 comments:

Minnado said...

Lovely job Carissa. I like the asymmetric hem and lace trim

Debbie EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Oh wow! That is beautiful!! I looove how you used the lace on the bottom!!!

-TheRefashStash

Anna said...

Love your refashion I am curious what brand the dress was originally would love to find one on ebay for a tea dress.