NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, February 15, 2016

My Refashioned Romance

Instead of a bright red or pink outfit, I decided to go for a more feminine, romantic look for Valentine's Day this year. As luck would have it, a friend had given me this lovely floral dress a few months ago. Add to that a bit of lace from a pale pink piece of lingerie from my heavier days, and I've got just the thing for this weekend's holiday!

Valentine's Dress - BeforeValentine's Dress - Before

I removed the rosettes, sleeves, and ruffles from the dress. I took in the sides, finished the raw edges, and added a couple little belt loops. Then, I removed the lace border from my delicates and attached it to the bottom of the dress.

It's been a cloudy, dreary day, but this fun new dress has breathed a little more life into it!

Valentine's Dress - After

Valentine's Dress - After

Valentine's Dress - After

For the entire process, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Valentine's Dress - Before & After

3 comments:

Minnado said...

Lovely job Carissa. I like the asymmetric hem and lace trim

Debbie EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Oh wow! That is beautiful!! I looove how you used the lace on the bottom!!!

-TheRefashStash

Anna said...

Love your refashion I am curious what brand the dress was originally would love to find one on ebay for a tea dress.