NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Peace. Out.



Now that I am well on my way toward a capsule wardrobe, almost all the sentimental items I've kept aside to refashion have been sent to charities after a picture was taken or snippet of fabric taken from an unobtrusive spot.

This sleeveless dress was the last thing I bought as a single person. I haven't worn it for years and years, but I have started wearing aprons in the kitchen and studio so the choice of what to do with this dress was an easy one.


I used a pattern I drafted a while back (I made the original apron from a curtain so it doesn't qualify to be shown here at RFC)



but did not cut it exactly as I figured I could take advantage of the finished hem.



I used the rest of the dress for the neck straps


and the side ties of the dress for the, um, side ties of the apron.


Pockets from processed-for-crafts jeans (Little Sis needs sturdy cushions and quilts for her new beach house, so my enormous denim stash is pretty much spoken for) and a belt loop for my reading/close work glasses


made for a quick finish.




IWOM

2 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

Awesome idea! I love it! The hook for glasses is such a great touch!

-TheRefashStash

Andrea said...

Love your use of all of the extra bits!

Andrea EOD