Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 22, 2016

Polka Dot Dress

This absolutely free polka dot dress fit me fairly well, except that the sleeves were a bit tight. The length was also a little dowdy. I just can't say no to polka dots though!

Brown Polka Dot Dress - Before

I cut off the sleeves and finished the armhole edges. I trimmed several inches from the skirt length and gave that a new hem as well. Then I discovered the buttons had a habit popping open, so I decided to stitch the button band closed and add a zipper in the side seam. Success!

Brown Polka Dot Dress - After

Brown Polka Dot Dress - After

Get the full run-down at CarissaKnits!

Brown Polka Dot Dress - Before & After


Minnado said...

The dress is great, love the polka dots. Putting in a side zip is a clever idea

Debbie EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Looks great! Love the yellow belt with it!!!


barnsnoblsaddict said...

I loved the before but love the after better. Great choice with the yellow belt.