Sunday, February 07, 2016

Taming the Animal Print! A Quick Dress Refashion. Vintagethrifter51

This dress was thrifted in a previous 30% off Value Village thrift haul for only $9.99 before discount and I am finally getting around to refashioning it.  It is a beautiful black and white animal print from Talbots, but the only problem with it is that it is a 2X and is huge on me.   But this is a simple fix.
image
I especially love the tucked neck detail and the cap sleeves.
image
First I put it on inside out and pinned where I needed to take it in.  My final seams were 3 inches in on each side, and 1 1/2 in at each tuck, totalling 12 inches.
image
Then I just sewed along my new seam allowance, and  just a quick try on before zigzag stitching over the raw edges of the new seam.
image
 I think it is a beautiful finished result and couldn't be more happy with this find.  What do you think?  Cheers, Michele

1 comment:

Carissa said...

What a fun fabric! Nice save!

-Carissa
EOD