Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Taming the Animal Print! A Quick Dress Refashion. Vintagethrifter51

This dress was thrifted in a previous 30% off Value Village thrift haul for only $9.99 before discount and I am finally getting around to refashioning it.  It is a beautiful black and white animal print from Talbots, but the only problem with it is that it is a 2X and is huge on me.   But this is a simple fix.
I especially love the tucked neck detail and the cap sleeves.
First I put it on inside out and pinned where I needed to take it in.  My final seams were 3 inches in on each side, and 1 1/2 in at each tuck, totalling 12 inches.
Then I just sewed along my new seam allowance, and  just a quick try on before zigzag stitching over the raw edges of the new seam.
 I think it is a beautiful finished result and couldn't be more happy with this find.  What do you think?  Cheers, Michele

1 comment:

Carissa said...

What a fun fabric! Nice save!