Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 26, 2016

The Vintage Evening Gown Refashion Tutorial

I spied this vintage evening gown in the charity shop window and was ecstatic when they sold it to me for only €1!

This gorgeously coloured piece of historic glam was gathered and draped at every seam, fit awkwardly and had a gross rubbery lining in the sleeves however it also had a fabulous sequin sash detail that I completely adored.

It took awhile to figure out exactly what I wanted to do and I was a bit nervous about working with that delicate sheer fabric to make the new sleeves but it all came together beautifully:

Here's how I did it...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Interesting take on the original piece! The sleeves, I imagine, feel like a vast improvement, but they look it too. Love that waist gather :)

Andrea EOD