Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Travel Souvenir Necklace!! Another Coin Refashion!

I like to collect souvenirs of my travels through life.  Over the years I have collected many coins from various different countries.  This necklace was made by me from some of those coins I have collected.
I just drilled a hole at the top of the coin, added a split ring and attached them on to a chain at equal distances.  An extremely simple refashion and upcycle of coins into jewelry.  It is a great piece to use my souvenir coins and I love wearing it alone or mixing it with some of my other vintage chains.
Here are some examples of the coins I used.  Hope you like this reuse and upcycle of some collected coins.  Cheers, Michele. Check out my blog Here.


Valerie said...

Nice idea! I have lots of coins collected from other countries (unwillingly, mostly, because I didn't have a chance to change them back to my currency when I returned home) so this is a great way to finally make some use out of them!

jennifer elliott said...

I agree with Valerie -- great idea to keep souvenirs close to you. Nice job.

Jennifer EOD