Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Blue Jersey Dress

A couple years ago, I refashioned a huge maxi dress into a better fitting maxi skirt. Flash forward two years, and I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn this skirt. No matter how comfy they seem, I just don't wear maxi skirts. Time for it to get a NEW new life.

Cobalt Blue Maxi Skirt - Before & After

I chopped off the waistband and used a well-fitting tee to cut the new arm and neck holes. Then I used strips from the waistband to finish off those holes. Finally I took in the sides for a sort of A-line shape.

Blue Jersey Dress

For more details and photos, click on over at CarissaKnits!


RePurposeFul said...

The skirt was beautiful, but I completely get why you didn't wear it much... the "new" dress is adorable! And my favorite color :)
I'll bet you get a lot more use out of it! Great job.

Gema Ensenat said...

I loved the maxi - but as you said, not much point if you're not wearing it. Besides which, if you'd worn that, you wouldn't have made this GORGEOUS dress - love it! AND the pop of green, fab!

Anielska Aniela said...

it looks perfect now! I don't like to wear maxi skirts as well ;-)

Kathy W. said...

That color is AMAZING!