Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Jacket to Tunic vest

My name really is  Cari Frock 


 and

 I LOVE to sew.




This jacket was given to me by my sister.
Way too big for me.
Decided to do a long tunic vest.
So step 1 was to remove the sleeves.
Changed the nehru collar.

Neckline done and the extra button will be moved to the bottom when the extra fabric is added.

Knowing I wanted to lengthen the vest, I cut the removed sleeves in half lengthwise.

Used paper to pattern the additional fabric.


 The fabric that was cut out was then added to the 1st addition.

Added beaded trim with the 1st addition and black trim with the 2nd.

Was able to retain the side pockets, bonus.





Til next time...happy stitching!!

1 comment:

cfort82 said...

I really like how you treated the bottom of the shirt.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab