NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Nip, Tuck and Hem Refash

DSCN0260On my recent trip to the Salvation Army I found this vintage dress! I bought it with the intention of a refash but once I got it home I thought better of it. I realized I loved everything about this dress! Such a classic!
DSCN0265Annnd it Swiss!
DSCN0267I ignored the Dry Clean Only directions (like I do on all my thrift store purchases) and once I got it out of the dryer I was faced with the lining in this crinkly condition. So, I had to douse it with a good amount of spray starch and tamed that mess with the iron.
DSCN0268Are 2 of these hangy thigs really necessary?
DSCN0270I took 2 inches off the length.
DSCN0272Took in the sides by 1/2 inch.
DSCN0274I did not quite understand why the buttons on the belt were so plain?
RSCN0280So I changed the buttons to a nice little pearl button to match!
DSCN0284I tacked the neckline down.
DSCN0285And if I hemmed the dress that means I had to hem the lining as well.
DSCN0287I wore my fancy new dress on Easter Sunday when my family went to Frankenmuth for a delicious chicken dinner!
DSCN0289DSCN0290DSCN0291Even stopped in my favorite store: The Michigan Shoppe where I purchased some delicious cherry coffee!
DSCN0288The weather was so beautiful! Took my picture next to the Cheese Haus mouse!
DSCN0292
Phototastic-2016-03-28-16-21-01
Happy Refashioning!!! 
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

7 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

great refashion update on the dress. definitely more current and still very classy.

RePurposeFul said...

Beautiful Dress, I love how it turned out. It looks fabulous on you!

Refashion said...

The dress looks so much better. I like the front pleat detail, and the colour is great.

Debbie EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you!! It just needed a little adjusting!

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you so much :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thanks!!!! It is such a beautiful dress! Can't wait to wear it again!

Unknown said...

It looks very Kate Middleton-ish. Love it.