Monday, March 28, 2016

Spring Polk-a-Dot Refash

 Pretty pattern but very unflattering on me. 
DSCN0142I removed the sleeves and those faux pockets! No sense in having faux pockets!
DSCN0143By removing the faux pockets I was left with this opening on each side. I quickly stitched that back together and it was good as new!
DSCN0158These adorable little green apple buttons were on the cuffs of the sleeves. I'm reusing these for sure!
DSCN0224I took in the sides by 1 1/2 inches.
DSCN0226Oh look at that! Found a place for those apple buttons! Then I added some green bias tape to sort of break up the dizzy polk-a-dot pattern.
DSCN0229I removed 4 1/2 inches from the bottom.
DSCN0231Pinned my new hem.
DSCN0232Whatever shall I do with this scrap?
DSCN0233Make a sash of course!
DSCN0235Ready for spring!
I wore my new dress to Bunny Brunch and Bowl and the Grosse Pointe Yacht club which my boss and her family were so nice to invite us to!
I was a little but nervous for the bowling part because I'm the type of bowler that would get a gutter ball when bumper bowling. Yes I am that awful of a bowler!
What the what!? 2 strikes in a row!? I was on FIRE!  
I actually won a game! This was a total miracle because like I said I am the world's worst bowler! Looks like my Irish luck is paying off! 
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

5 comments:

Therese said...

As always, great job! You are so prolific and everything you do looks lovely on you. Keep up the good work!

Refashion said...

Lovely dress now. Those buttons are so sweet.

Debbie EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Aww thank you so much!!!

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you!!! Aren't they!? I just had to kerp them, they were too cute!

Annikins said...

I'm pretty sure I have loved everyone of your refashions. Keep it up :)