NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Tanks, but no tanks

Well, I've 'bean ' a busy girl.. I like to think it was productive busy. But alas, it was my sons wisdom teeth, I was sick, appointments etc... But the coffee beans help me thru .. (Hence the name jillybean, I love love love coffee)... Anywho, on to my post...  This is simple... So here you go... First, I love empire waist type clothing. So I thought I would try something out of my box. First I went to my favorite shirt and measured from the top to the edge of the empire waist. Mine was about 14 inches. Then I measure my tank top, from the top down 15 inches on the front and the back... Pinned and cut ....



I then grabbed my material that I got from GIRLCHARLEE... It was at least 1/4 of a yard... I sewed the end to create a tube... Then attached it to the tank top... Ta-Dah!!! I'm not convinced I like it on me (middle age hasn't been kind to my body, gravity ya know what I mean?) . But it was fun to try ( and since I have a ton of material from GIRLCHARLEE's bargain lots making more will not be Problem). Plus I cut the shoulder straps & tied them in a knot... I mean the dog & cats like it... Lol.. It's not exactly a true empire waist... I gave this to a friend... I will give it another go for me nwxt time..


3 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

Very cute!

RePurposeFul said...

I really like it! And, I think it looks adorable on you. Great way to perk up a simple tank!

Refashion said...

I think it looks lovely on you and makes a great summer top

Debbie EOD