NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Purple Dress Refashion

Hi! I was attending an event where I needed to wear a long purple formal gown.

I started with this dress that has this AMAZING shoulder bow but a really awkward middle. I tried cutting it apart and placing it differently but after 2 hours, I decided the middle needed to leave permanently. 

with the middle removed, I took the bottom which was a circle skirt and added it back.

The result was really fun to wear and twirl around in!

Here is the tutorial.  
Happy Sewing!
Katie


4 comments:

cfortin said...

I agree the middle was very dated. You made it into a lovely new dress.

Cindy - Upcycled Design Lab

Valerie said...

Much better now!

Marisa Glied said...

Not dated anymore! Much more modern! Great job!

-TheRefashStash

Carissa said...

Very cute! So much better without the unflattering ruching down the center.

-Carissa
EOD