NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, April 22, 2016

A vintage dress back to life

Here is my mom back in 1975. In this dress she actually met my father!!!


The only thing I did was to remove the collar (I hate collars) and cut the sleeves:


I wear it with all grey:



Thanks for reading!






8 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

Beautiful. And I love that it was your mothers.

Amy Jo said...

A dress with a story! I love it. It's a cute dress!

Catherine1216 said...

Sweet story and cute dress.

jennifer elliott said...

Gorgeous dress! Love the story and the simple refashion.

Marisa Glied said...

What a difference! Such a beautiful dress! I love that your mom kept it, so special!!!

-TheRefashStash

Andrea said...

Love these simple updates!
Andrea EOD

Falafel and the Bee said...

I love everything about this!! Fantastic job, and great story.

Nina Kahrens said...

Hey Sofy,

I really like your post and the dress is just fabulous. I'd like do link to my blog. There's a category named "Thrifty Throwback Thursday" (https://ninutschkanns.com/thriftythrowbackthursday/) which is about old clothes, inherited by your mother, father, grandma or whomever. But you need to have pic of it. Your refashion is just perfect!

Thanks & greetings from Germany,
Nina