NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Floral Linen Dress Makeover

When I first saw this dress, I had serious tunnel vision toward the fabric. The linen with floral print had me sold, so I knew I had to make something pretty out of this.


Here's the original. Shapeless with an awkward length (but that fabric!!)
 ↴ 

Here's the result

What I did:

I cut about 6-7 inches off the bottom and finished the hem. Then, using that excess fabric, I created short sleeves using a super simple method. I placed the fabric underneath the shoulder, pinned it and sewed over the top of the edge. I didn't have to unstitch or turn anything inside out, and I think it turned out pretty nicely!


The ol' side by side.

Follow my BLOG and INSTAGRAM for more refashions.

XOXO

8 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Love it! That fabric is gorgeous, and I love how it turned out. Thanks for the tip on putting in the sleeves!

La La Lauren!!! said...

beautiful as always!
Lauren

jennifer elliott said...

Gorgeous!

Kathy W. said...

Very pretty

jenny_o said...

The sleeves look great and no finishing to do - a win. You are right about that gorgeous material.

Marisa Glied said...

Beautiful! I love the addition of the sleeves! Ill have to remember that!

-TheRefashStash

Carissa said...

Who could pass up this lovely floral linen? It turned out gorgeous!

-Carissa
EOD

Nina Kahrens said...

I always just love your refashions! <3