NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Floral Sweatshirt

I received this Puma sweatshirt for Christmas one year and absolutely love it because it is so soft. I have a bad habit of leaving lip balm in my pockets which goes through the wash .  Which happened in this case and  left a few spots on the front. I used some Palmolive Eco  dishwashing detergent to treat the stain and apparently it had a bleaching agent in it.  

BEFORE

I debated how to approach this project for awhile and it has been in my stash for well over a year. I did a StitchFix recently and received some gorgeous fabric which I used for the front. I just cut the old front out, used it as a pattern and sewed the new panel on. I had to use a seam ripper to remove the puma loga at the shoulder. 

AFTER
/

4 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

Nice save for a cozy sweatshirt!

-TheRefashStash

Maria said...

Much better & more wearable.

Carissa said...

Awesome! What luck that the grey background of the floral print matched the grey sweatshirt perfectly!

-Carissa
EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Love this. Great fabric choice.