Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, May 30, 2016

From dress to top

Hello everyone! 

It's Magda from House of Estrela again. 

I don't often sew for myself, that's a fact. Since I had kids I focus on sewing for them. 

I want to change that, I really do. So, last month I jumped in at the chance of turning a XXL dress I bought just because I liked the fabric, and tossed it right away into my refashion pile, into a new top for myself. 

You can read all the details about in in my blog, HERE if you're interested. 


I wear it all the time, it's comfortable and the subtle golden in it, allows me to dress it up a bit if needed. 
Aren't you so happy when you find XXL clothes to refashion too? 


g.satansbraten said...

;-) :-D - due to great result: to be continued!
And yes I love big-sized woman when they part from 'their no longer fond of clothes'.
Sometimes I pick around items and marvel in big admiration about the effort which was put into some garments to
- NOT just look like a bag/sack on a 'more solid built woman'
- admire some support features in them
- sometimes even hesitate to 'kill'/waste the garment for somebody basically none-worthy of them (= me!), whilst there are soooo many solid built woman with obviously bigggggest troubles to even find something matching and good looking for their size (= and boy, they appeal to me more than a well dressed 'bean stalk' - sorry to say so, despite an 'in between' myself!)

Refashion said...

That top is a fabulous colour. And the original looks like a great much fabric in an XXL like that.

debbie EOD