I used my niece as a model for this one. :)
Here's the original ↴
What I did:
1. Cut the sleeves off and hemmed them to the edge using this method.
2. Took off about 18 inches from the bottom and hemmed it.
3. Tapered in both of the sides to fit.
4. Added some triangle panels on each side of the skirt to give it more of a fit and flare shape (sorry I didn't get a great photo of them!).
5. Unstitched the pocket and moved it higher up.
6. Added a button and buttonhole at the very top of the neck.
7. Changed the buttons (to heart buttons!).
8. Made a little belt out of the excess fabric.
New dress! ↴
Side by side: