Thursday, June 30, 2016

Black Pants 2.0

Hello Refashion Co-op. First, these pants are not really black are they. In the bright light they are obviously navy blue. They looked black at first.


They pants were great but didn't fit at all.


I took the sides in a little here and a little there, so they would fit. I had to remove the belt loops because they were in the way of my new seam. They were easy to reattach.


They fit so much better now and I love the stretch they have. I was hoping they would turn out a little dressy and a lot comfortable. Plain, simple and classic.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.



6 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Nothing wrong with simple and classic! Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jennifer.

Sandy said...

I keep meaning to ask how much pocket is compromised with this method. I recently lost some weight and now have a fairly new pair of jeans that was a bit loose already when I was at the top of my weight.
Sandy in the UK

Amy Jo said...

wow! You trimmed all the way up the leg and over the waist band?! I've never tried that, thinking it would be too much bulk.

The pants I have on right now could use that method, so I'll have to give it a try soon!

Thanks for the inspiration!

I Can Work With That said...

Sandy, I lost a little less than an inch of pocket on each side. I didn't notice the change very much.

I Can Work With That said...

Amy Jo, it looks a little weird but it worked out well for me. I just had to sew slowly and I went over it twice to make it really strong.