I have had this dress for years, maybe 15 years. It is made of a light and airy cotton that os perfect for summer use.
But I had one problem...
I cut the dress open in the middle back.
I found a scrap ribbon. I don't know its original use, but it was perfect for the purpose.
I stitched it along the edges.
And found some more ribbon for a corset closure. I wanted a contrast colour ribbon, but didn't have any. Once I come by some, I will change it for the present ribbon, that is dark green.
Finished and photos taken. Front and back.
Except......when I saw the photos, I didn't like the thin straps anymore. They looked so puny and actually made my chest and shoulder area look larger.
Fortunately I had some extra fabric: The tie for the waist. I made new straps with it.
The final after-photo:
And just because I can, I made this detail in the back:
Finally I can use my dress again.