Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

From Muumuu to Peplum Top

I scored this embroidered denim muumuu at the thrift store for only $5.  I loved the boho chic look with distressed embroidery and washed out denim.  I briefly toyed around with the idea of making this into a dress since there was so much fabric but settled on making a peplum top as I don't wear dresses as much as I used to.

I chopped the dress at the midriff and reshaped the armholes and sides.

I reshaped the sleeves and kept the original hem.

I sewed the sleeves and bodice together to fit my small frame.

I cut off 11" off the bottom of the dress and gathered it to make the peplum.

With right sides together, I attached the peplum to the bottom of the blouse.

Yay, finished top!  Here's the front . . . .

. . . and here's a view from the side.

Read all about how to refashion a muumuu dress into a peplum top at my redesigned blog


RePurposeFul said...

Adorable! Nice job!

Eimear Greaney said...

its brilliant, love the top - great make

Chickie Walsh said...


cfortin said...

Super cute refashion!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab