Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Pink and Grey Tablecloth = Great Dress!

Hello fellow Refashioners!!  
 I saw this tablecloth at my thrift store and went nuts...  I don't mean I liked it, I mean I went nuts.  I don't know why, but there was just something about it - I HAD to make myself a frock out of it.  So, here's what happened:  I cut a center hole in the round tablecloth, and picked out things I wanted to use with it... A grey lace-trimmed tank, a pink tank and a pale pink T-shirt.

I decided to use the grey tank for the top, so I added a few appliques from the leftover piece of the tablecloth to tie it in more, and cut off the bottom of it...

 I sewed the top to the bottom, using a stretch seam binding lace...

 I cut the bottom few inches off of the pink tank and hemmed it to use as a waistband...  when I looked at my work, I knew it needed something else special... so, I cut off the eyelet from a dust ruffle I recently scored at the same thrift store, and added it to the bottom!  Now we're getting somewhere! :)

OK, you know how I can't ever just leave a project when it could be finished... I always think it needs something else... something to make it WOW...  I looked around my stash, and sat and thought... Oooooo, that antique lace doily!!!  Yup, that's the ticket!  I cut it in half, and sewed it to the very bottom strip from the pale pink T-shirt... and added some long grosgrain ribbon in grey and white... now it can be a hair wrap, waist wrap, shoulder wrap, etc.!!  :)  TA DA!!

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed it!!  Maybe get some ideas, or inspiration?
See you next time! :)


g.satansbraten said...

Tablecloths and curtains - my personal 'achilles' heel'; welcome in 'The Club' ;-)

LG, Gerlinde

Carissa said...

Dust ruffle as skirt trim - how imaginative! I love it!


RePurposeFul said...

Thanks a bunch for the comments!!!
Can't have enough reasons to smile!