Thursday, July 07, 2016

For The Love Of Crocs

Hello Refashion Co-op. A good title for this also would have been, "Rivets: They're Not Just For Jeans Anymore". That's what I used for this project, rivets. I love these summer sandals because they are so comfortable. They are from Crocs. You know the big clunky plastic garden shoes. Well, they make other shoes too. 


The fastening in the back of one shoe broke and I couldn't wear them. I tried many ways to fix this because they don't make this style anymore and I couldn't order a replacement.


I knew there had to be a way to fix them. After a couple tries and fails I found these rivets for making blue jeans. It sounds crazy but stay with me here. They were just long enough to connect the two shoes pieces together. And I could do it myself.


Here is a comparison of the two shoes before and after. They fix is not exactly the same as the original but it works. And no one is really that close to the back of my shoe, so I don't think anyone will notice. It is very smooth and comfortable inside too.


Thanks for reading, for more details of this repair job go to I Can Work With That.

**I didn't get paid for this by Crocs, I just love the shoes.

5 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

So glad you were able to fix your favorite shoes!

jennifer elliott said...

I always like finding a second purpose for sewing items -- decorative or small fix. Nice job.

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Ladies.

Jean said...

Besides, if someone does notice that they aren't exactly the same.... who cares! You did great!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jean!