Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, July 07, 2016

MuuMuu to Dolman

This is another one from my archives.

I chose it solely for the print. To update it, I removed the elastic at the waist.

I finished up the raw edge and that's all I did to turn this into a funky dolman top.

I also decided to wear it with the buttons in the back instead of the front.

Since this material doesn't fray, this could easily have been a No Sew.

For my full tutorial click here



Chickie Walsh said...

I like it a lot. Wow, that was a lot of pink dress before but you made it nice and wearable.

jennifer elliott said...

I really need to turn a muumuu into something! I've seen so many great refashions involving a muumuu that I really need to do a muumuu refashion! I love yours too and I hope you'll share what you did with the other half of the muumuu.

Jennifer, EOD

Gema Ensenat said...

That really suits you, lovely job! :)

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks, girls. I did end up turning the skirt scrap in to a Maxi skirt :)