Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Plain and Simple

Hello All!

I really hope you're having more of a summer than we are here in London... it's a bit of a wash-out... But hey, Wimbledon will go on!

Rain or not, when I found this black and white dress in a local charity shop, I knew it could be a winner, with a bit of work - but too warm to keep the sleeves...


...and that was the least of it!
Apart from the redundant sleeves, and being too large around the 'girth', it was also a little too long, and there were fit issues around the armscye - so there was pinning here, sewing there, and a lot of help from Dolly!


I'm quite happy with the way it turned out; if you'd like to read the full story of how I did it, it's here on my blog - but here's the finished result...


...and the obligatory Before and After!!


Looking forward to reading up on more of your fab refashions here,
Gema x

15 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Beautiful job, it looks fabulous on you!

I Can Work With That said...

What a change. Great dress.

Heidi said...

Oh but doesn't that look like a fun result!!

Vintagethrifter51 said...

You did an amazing job of refashioning that dress. It looks amazing on you!! Cheers, Michele

Saga said...

Wow, what a great result!

Gema said...

Thank you so much!

Gema said...

So pleased you like it Chickie! :)

Gema said...

Haha! Will try to make it live up to that! :)

Gema said...

So chuffed you like it Michele! :)

Gema said...

Thank you x

Unknown said...

WOW it totally went from frumpy to fabulous! I can totally see it being a great piece to transition to fall! Great job!

cfort82 said...

Really lovely transformation.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

TheRefashStash said...

Simple but very dramatic! Turned out lovely!

-TheRefashStash

Gema said...

Thanks Stef, that's what I'm hoping - it'll take me into the Autumn months...with tights and boots! :)

Gema said...

Really pleased you like it Marisa x